I'm pretty sure I have the cutest kid in the world. she is just my favorite. laughing, rolling, playing, "talking" and growing like a weed. eating solid food now like a big girl. I couldn't be prouder, I have never made anything cooler than this in my whole life.
Monday, April 22, 2013
last weekend Ben and I had our coop babysitting night which means...free babysitting. I will never take that for granted again! we hit the town with our neighbors and ate lots and lots of terrible food. but it was oh so good. pizza, ice cream and playing in fun candy stores. maybe we should've brought our kiddos.
Friday, April 19, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
last weekend we got a babysitter and went down to the city to celebrate a manly birthday. so. much. fun. such a great chance to play with friends and feel super adult and not change a diaper all night. crazy, huh? it's the little things: like sunglasses and lip stick that make us feel good inside!
Monday, April 8, 2013
it is so crazy that she used to be in my belly. I seriously did not believe people when they told me that I would love my baby more than my dog. which is funny to me now. I absolutely love my puppy but I definitely love her more. she is so delightful. the happiest being ever (aside from recently teething). I genuinely thought that having a baby would be like baby-sitting every day. sure there are days I want to be by myself or just with Ben, but I treasure my time with her. usually sundays are hard because she goes to our church kids class, naps all the way home and continues napping until we head out for a parenting class that we are taking until june. I hardly see her! and I would've thought (pre-baby) "oh a day to myself awesome!" but now I miss her sweet smiles and snuggles, the way she's exploring the whole world and putting everything in her mouth. she makes the most fun noises and now she's eating solid food, it's fun to see what she will like and not like. I love hearing her babble and talk and tell us about her day. I love when I make her giggle. understanding a parent's love is so deep. and I couldn't be happier. I can't imagine adding another child (someday - no I am not pregnant) and loving them the same amount! do I have that much love? I sure do hope so. holy smokes this motherhood thing is awesome.
Friday, April 5, 2013
my friend Alexandra tagged me in this. 5 things. here goes.
1. I am a super mole-y person. I look like a taco chip. It's sort of insane. currently I have had two removed (see above picture). well, here's the glam side of pregnancy that you don't see: your moles/birthmarks/belly GROW when you're cooking a kid. #gross so the one above my lip that was never a problem became part of my PROFILE. off with it's head! Happy Easter ;] slash my father-in-law who is a surgeon cut it off for me. if I had to see a plastic surgeon, shoot even a dermatologist, I wouldn't have done it.
2. I met said friend, Alexandra, when we were in my best friend's (her brother's now wife) wedding. we were in Chicago during I think one of the craziest cold spells ever, it hurt to smile. and that weekend alone we probably spent $200-300 on cabs. we were so gossip girl it wasn't even funny. but I don't watch that show (anymore, TO MY SHAME! that show is so trashy). But we totally totally totally bonded. the wedding was at 10 am which meant we woke up at 5 am to get coffee.
3. I stopped drinking coffee two and half weeks ago. I know, it's crazy. but I sort of felt like I needed it to survive and I don't. I need God and that's about it, well, food and sleep. pretty much no one has congratulated me, I've just sort of gotten a lot of persecution. and temptation. but I feel really proud of myself! two days of headaches and then I was pretty good. I am hardly drinking anything but water now. don't worry, I'm not a total recluse, I occasionally have decaf coffI ee. occasionally.
4. I majored in spanish in college. spanish. I know! I totally don't use it. ever. there is a program at our local library that allows non-native speakers to go practice spanish. but I have never gone. 4 years ago I went to Mexico (and then once again for my honeymoon but let's be honest, the only person I spoke to was my husband) and I was AMAZED at how much I knew. AMAZED. 15 years of spanish did me right! I think I need to study abroad. I also think it's a little too late for that.
5. Ben, my husband thinks I am just the best cook in the world. even though I don't like crawfish and thus, never make it (he is from louisiana). also even though I make a majority weight watchers recipes, I just give him unhealthy portion sizes. can we all be mad that my husband has the best metabolism in the whole world and can eat whatever the heck he wants, but prefers carrots. I wish that described me. tangent. and I'm ending with my tangent. because my baby is crying and needs a friend. xoxo.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
this weekend Ben, Eleanor & I road tripped to Louisiana. isn't it lovely?
the baby girl with her mom & pop on Easter morning. she's so presh.
this kid on Easter morning alert and awake for presents presents presents. and crashed at Easter church. uh oh.
in a yoda hat from uncle john. oh jeez, this kid.
totally winning over grandpa and glammie :]
recovery day: momma and baby.
how was your Easter? it's so refreshing, Easter. the whole concept of a new start! Thanks, God!